Community Guidelines and Acceptable Use Policy
Please read these Community Guidelines and Acceptable use Policy (Policy) carefully before using the website BLOCKCO LTD, applications, products, and services, and any other websites or applications, products, and services that link to the site (collectively, Services).
What’s in this Policy?
This Policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to our website, link to our website, or interact with our website in any other way, or use our Services.
Who we are and how to contact us
BLOCK.CO is a site operated by BLOCKCO LTD (Company, we, our, us).
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using the Services, you accept this Policy
By using the Services, including our website, you accept these terms and confirm that you accept the terms of this Policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to this Policy, you must not use our Services.
There are other terms that may apply to you
There are other terms that may apply to you, depending on the way you use our Services.
• Our Terms of website use apply to your use of our website.
• Our Terms of Service for the NFT Minting Platform apply to your use of our Services relating to our NFT Minting Platform.
We may make changes to the terms of this policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Services, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You may use our Services only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Services:
• In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
• To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
• To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Services, including our website, in contravention of the provisions of any other terms that may apply to you in connection with our Services and website.
• Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
o any part of our Services;
o any equipment or network on which any part of our Services or website is stored;
o any software used in the provision of our Services; or
o any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Services, website, and any software connected thereto or associated with them (Contribution).
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
• Be accurate (where it states facts).
• Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
• Comply with the law applicable in the Republic of Cyprus and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
• Be defamatory of any person.
• Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
• Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
• Promote sexually explicit material.
• Include child sexual abuse material.
• Promote violence.
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
• Promote any illegal content or activity.
• Be in contempt of court.
• Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
• Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
• Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us, or any other person, if this is not the case.
• Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as, by way of example only, copyright infringement or computer misuse.
• Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that the members of the public or any party, to either of whom the statement is, or is to be, published or addressed are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
• Contain any advertising or online advertising that is unlawful or promote any services or web links to other sites.
For the avoidance of doubt, for any Contribution in the form of video content:
• You must tell us immediately, if you upload a video containing any of the following, criminal material (relating to terrorism, sexual exploitation of children, child pornography, racism and xenophobia), and any other material restricted by any applicable law (restricted material).
• You must not upload a video containing harmful material.
• Any content included in a video you upload must not:
• prejudice respect for human dignity;
• include or promote discrimination, or incite violence or hatred against people based on sex, racial or ethnic origin, nationality, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation;
• encourage behaviour prejudicial to health or safety;
• encourage behaviour grossly prejudicial to the protection of the environment;
• cause physical, mental or moral detriment to persons under the age of 18;
• impair the physical, mental, or moral development of persons under the age of 18.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of this Policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this Policy constitutes a material breach of the terms that may also apply to our services (as laid down in this Policy) upon which you are permitted to use our Services and website, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use any or all our Services, including our website.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
• Further legal action against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this Policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Cause third parties to comply with the Policy
For any part of our Service where we give you the right to allow third parties to make Contributions, you are responsible to, and shall, ensure that these third parties comply with this Policy. You will be liable if these third parties fail to comply with the Policy.
How this contract can be transferred
We can transfer our rights and obligations under these Policy to any third party, provided this does not adversely affect your rights under the Policy.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
The terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by the laws of the Republic of Cyprus. You and we both agree that the courts of the Republic of Cyprus will have exclusive jurisdiction.