The University of Nicosia (UNIC) is the largest university in Cyprus and the largest in Southern Europe that teaches primarily in English, with more than 14,000 students from over 100 countries, a diverse community of faculty and staff, and an expanding worldwide network. UNIC is driving educational innovation in the wider region, with activities like our dynamic global initiative in blockchain technology and centres of excellence in medicine and online/distance learning. UNIC has been ranked among the top 801-1000 universities in the world, according to the latest edition of the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2021.
UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, the candidate should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If the candidate has a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we would like to meet him/her.
Ultimately, the holder of the position will create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
Duties and Responsibilities
UI/UX Designer’s responsibilities include:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and Front-End WEB Developers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and layouts)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (like https://wireframe.cc/ )
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
Information and Application
There is a possibility for remote work, although preference will be given to qualified candidates who live in or are willing to relocate to Nicosia.
For a formal application, please submit your CV accompanied by a cover letter through our online recruitment system http://vacancies.unic.ac.cy/ up to the 31st of August, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com