The University of Nicosia (UNIC) is the largest university in Cyprus and the largest in Southern Europe that teaches primarily in English, with more than 14,000 students from over 100 countries, a diverse community of faculty and staff, and an expanding worldwide network. UNIC is driving educational innovation in the wider region, with activities like our dynamic global initiative in blockchain technology and centres of excellence in medicine and online/distance learning. UNIC has been ranked among the top 801-1000 universities in the world, according to the latest edition of the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2021.
The University of Nicosia seeks talented, ambitious, passionate and results focused individuals for the position of a Solidity Developer, to join its team full-time. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team, where you will be designing and building decentralized applications (dApps) and smart contracts using the various standards and well-known Ethereum libraries (Web3js, ethers).
- Design and develop Solidity smart contracts.
- Deploy smart contracts with Truffle or Hardhat.
- Design and develop front-end interfaces to interact with the smart contracts (Web3js, ethers).
- Design and develop the back-end operations that support a decentralized application (RESTful APIs).
- Audit smart contracts for any security bugs.
- Write technical documentation.
- Maintain source code and troubleshoot systems.
- Participating to various implementation activities of the in-house software development team.
- Provide technical support for in-house Web applications or with the use of other decentralized apps.
- Obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or Software Engineering. A Master’s degree in a related field will be considered as an advantage.
- Possession of Professional Certifications will be considered as an advantage.
- Deep understanding of the Ethereum ecosystem and programming principles.
- More than 4 years as a software developer in general (experience outside of blockchain).
- Experience with 2+ years in Solidity programming with a deep understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine.
- Nice to have: At least one project deployed on Mainnet that holds real user funds.
- Nice to have: knowledge of Solidity security testing tools.
- Deep understanding of having worked with smart contracts and understanding the core protocol concepts.
- Understand ERC-20, ERC-721 and ERC-1155 token standards
- Experience with JSON database operations.
- Knowledgeable about Layer-2 technologies.
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools and blockchain management tools (Truffle or Hardhat).
- Working experience in DevOps environments.
- Experience with Docker
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Familiarity with cryptography and experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- You have an interest in blockchain, cryptocurrency, and NFTs, and you may even have experimented with building your own dApps or smart contracts on the Ethereum Virtual Machine
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and high-quality output.
- In general, you should be fascinated about the development of decentralized applications.
- You have excellent communication skills in English.
- Self-motivated and able to tackle challenging, complex problems in an individual or team-based setting.
Information and Application
For a formal application, please submit your CV accompanied by a cover letter through our online recruitment system http://vacancies.unic.ac.cy/.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. All applications will be treated in confidence.
There is a possibility for remote work, although preference will be given to qualified candidates who live in or are willing to relocate to Nicosia.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com