Front-End Web Developer
The University of Nicosia (UNIC) is the largest university in Cyprus and the largest in Southern Europe that teaches primarily in English, with more than 14,000 students from over 100 countries, a diverse community of faculty and staff, and an expanding worldwide network. UNIC is driving educational innovation in the wider region, with activities like our dynamic global initiative in blockchain technology and centres of excellence in medicine and online/distance learning. UNIC has been ranked among the top 801-1000 universities in the world, according to the latest edition of the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2021.
Front-End Web Developer’s performs translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. The Front-End WEB Developer will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
Duties and Responsibilities
Front-End Web Developer’s responsibilities include:
- Develop new end-user interface features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementing users’ input control and validation before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
Information and Application
There is a possibility for remote work, although preference will be given to qualified candidates who live in or are willing to relocate to Nicosia.
For a formal application, please submit your CV accompanied by a cover letter through our online recruitment system http://vacancies.unic.ac.cy/ up to the 31st of August, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
 A UI/UX designer is expected to deliver finished resources for the developer to incorporate into the app. However, quite often a front-end web developer needs to make some small adjustment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com