JOB TITLE – Senior Front-End Developer
ABOUT COMPANY AND WHY YOU WOULD WANT TO WORK WITH US
The Company is a spin-off of the University of Nicosia, the largest university in Cyprus, with more than 11,500 students from over 70 countries. The Company’s blockchain based product has been successfully implemented and used by the University as well as other institutions for over four years.
You would want to work with us because:
- we have the flexibility and drive of a start-up
- we have a product that has been successfully implemented for over 4 years
- we have the support of an academic institution that is a global leader in the transfer of knowledge on Blockchain technology
- we have a product whose application has a reach over a great number of industries giving the opportunity to the people engaged to conceptualize and develop a number of new applications
THE PURPOSE OF THIS JOB
Reporting to the Company CTO and Project Manager, the Senior Front-End will be responsible to take full ownership or delivery of any technical implementation component required.
- Gather technical requirements and propose solutions based on the product needs.
- Work with our creative team to create “Proof of Concepts” that implement intuitive interfaces following the latest UI trends, utilizing all available tools to enhance the user experience.
- Develop technical plans, implementation targets and take full ownership or delivery.
- Collaborate with prospective customers during product demos/evaluations.
- Scale architecture with modern technologies leveraging cloud infrastructures.
- Interact onsite at customer locations for workshops and meetings as needed.
- Write efficient, scalable and testable code (with Documentation).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (in Computing, Computer Science, Informatics, Web Development or related).
- Fluency in English (a second EU language would be an advantage).
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience in UI / Web development.
- 1+ year of experience with Python.
- Proven track record of successfully developing Web portals and integrating with Web services (integration with Back-end).
- Have a varied portfolio of projects that show different types of problem solving.
- Experience in working in an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) Environment.
- Experience in working with Restful or SOAP based web services, JSON/ XML etc.
- Experience with Modular JS, JS Design Patterns and jQuery using modern MVC based frameworks.
- Experience with modern testing/debugging frameworks.
WHAT WE DESIRE YOU TO HAVE
- Demonstrate experience with Git.
- Bitcoin/Blockchain knowledge
- Implementation experience with Smart Contracts (i.e., blockchain developer will be considered as an advantage).
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Ability to work in a multinational environment and willingness to travel.
- Able to working collaboratively with designers, product managers and developers.
- Habitual to write test cases first and then code.
- Ability to learn fast (Blockchain is a rapidly evolving field of work)
- Well-organized with multi-tasking skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com