The University of Nicosia (UNIC) is the largest university in Cyprus and the largest in Southern Europe that teaches primarily in English, with more than 14,000 students from over 100 countries, a diverse community of faculty and staff, and an expanding worldwide network. UNIC is driving educational innovation in the wider region, with activities like our dynamic global initiative in blockchain technology and centres of excellence in medicine and online/distance learning. UNIC has been ranked among the
top 801-1000 universities in the world, according to the latest edition of the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product managers, developers and designers to develop an understanding of needs
- Research and devise innovative statistical models for data analysis
- Communicate findings to all stakeholders
- Enable smarter business processes—and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Be current with technical and industry developments
- Work as the lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with the engineering team to strategize and execute the development of data products
- Execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact across targeted domains and industries
- Identify relevant data sources and sets to mine for application needs, and collect large structured and unstructured datasets and variables
- Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
- Analyze data for trends and patterns, and Interpret data with a clear objective in mind
- Implement analytical models into production by collaborating with software developers and machine learning engineers.
- Communicate analytic solutions to stakeholders and implement improvements as needed to operational systems
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, or related discipline (MSc degree preferred)
- Over three years experience in data science. 2+ years of project management experience is an advantage.
- Proficiency with data mining, mathematics, and statistical analysis
- Advanced pattern recognition and predictive modeling experience
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, SQL, and programming languages (i.e., Python, R, etc.)
- Comfort working in a dynamic, research-oriented group with several ongoing concurrent projects
Information and Application
There is a possibility for remote work, although preference will be given to qualified candidates who live in or are willing to relocate to Nicosia.
For a formal application, please submit your CV accompanied by a cover letter through our online recruitment system http://vacancies.unic.ac.cy/ up to the 31st of August, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org