Back-End Web Developer
The University of Nicosia (UNIC) is the largest university in Cyprus and the largest in Southern Europe that teaches primarily in English, with more than 14,000 students from over 100 countries, a diverse community of faculty and staff, and an expanding worldwide network. UNIC is driving educational innovation in the wider region, with activities like our dynamic global initiative in blockchain technology and centres of excellence in medicine and online/distance learning. UNIC has been ranked among the top 801-1000 universities in the world, according to the latest edition of the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2021.
Back-End Web Developer is responsible for the server-side of our web applications closely working with other developers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience and develop and maintain functional and stable web applications to meet our users’ needs.
Back-End Web Developer’s responsibilities include:
- Participation in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Writing clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications
- Performing UI tests to optimize performance
- Managing cutting-edge technologies to improve legacy applications
- Collaborating with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic
- Gathering and addressing technical and design requirements
- Providing training and support to internal teams
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Liaising with developers, designers, and system administrators to identify new features
- Being current with the emerging technologies
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Back-end developer
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Hands-on experience with programming languages like C#, Java, PHP, and Python
- Working knowledge of CMS framework
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
Information and Application
There is a possibility for remote work, although preference will be given to qualified candidates who live in or are willing to relocate to Nicosia.
For a formal application, please submit your CV accompanied by a cover letter through our online recruitment system http://vacancies.unic.ac.cy/ up to the 31st of August, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org