JOB TITLE – Back-End Developer
ABOUT COMPANY AND WHY YOU WOULD WANT TO WORK WITH US
As a spin-off of the University of Nicosia, the largest university in Cyprus, with more than 11,500 students from over 70 countries, the Company is commercializing as a SaaS product, a blockchain based technology developed and successfully implemented by the University as well as other institutions for over four years.
You would want to work with us because:
- we believe that our employees are our most valuable assets and we recognize and fulfil the obligations we have towards our people, clients and the community as a whole
- we are committed to providing challenging, significant and meaningful opportunities in support of employee growth and development
- we aim to create breakthroughs in our field and wish to do remarkable things and do them with you
- we have a product that has been successfully implemented for over 4 years
- we have the support of an academic institution that is a global leader in the transfer of knowledge on Blockchain technology
- we have a product whose application has a reach over a great number of industries giving the opportunity to the people engaged to conceptualize and develop a vast array of new applications
- we are a company with a product that has a global reach and are competing at that level.
THE PROFILE WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU TO HAVE
We are seeking an experienced Back-End Developer to join our tech team and take responsibility for any back-end technical implementation required. This exciting and varied role will require a strong coder who is able to work under their own initiative. The ideal candidate would have to be excited with the opportunity to make an impact in shaping future applications based on disruptive technologies like Blockchain.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS JOB
Reporting to the Company CTO and Project Manager, the Senior Back-End will be responsible to take full ownership or delivery of any technical implementation component required, delivering software code that is built to scope and within the agreed upon goals, as well as, to collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic.
- Gather technical requirements and propose solutions based on the product needs.
- Work in collaboration with a talented team of front-end and back-end developers to build world-class web applications and services.
- Develop technical plans, implementation targets and take full ownership or delivery.
- Collaborate with prospective customers during product demos/evaluations.
- Develop tools and libraries that will enable rapid and scalable development in the future
- Interact onsite at customer locations for workshops and meetings as needed.
- Write efficient, scalable and testable code (from concept to code to production).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (in Computing, Computer Science, Informatics, Web Development or related).
- Fluency in English (a second EU language would be an advantage).
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- 2+ years of experience with Python.
- Demonstrable experience on designing and building production-quality multi-tenant web applications.
- Demonstrable experience with Object Oriented languages.
- Fluency in at least 2 of these storage engines: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Experience in working with APIs and 3rd party system integration.
- Experience in working in an Agile-like Environment.
- Familiarity with current HTML/CSS/XHTML standards.
- Experience in working with Restful web services.
- Experience with modern testing/debugging frameworks.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure compliance with quality standards.
WHAT WE DESIRE YOU TO HAVE
- Experience with Web Server Gateway Interface (WSGI) HTTP servers (e.g., gunicorn)
- Demonstrate experience with version control e.g., Git.
- Experience with Linux bash scripting.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Taking initiative to research and learn emerging technologies (Blockchain is a rapidly evolving field of work)
- Able to work collaboratively with other team members.
- Able to quickly fix bugs and solve problems in large, complex apps.
- Habitual to write test cases first and then code.
- Well-organized with multi-tasking skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org