Junior Software Developer
The University of Nicosia (UNIC) is the largest university in Cyprus and the largest in Southern Europe that teaches primarily in English, with more than 14,000 students from over 100 countries, a diverse community of faculty and staff, and an expanding worldwide network. UNIC is driving educational innovation in the wider region, with activities like our dynamic global initiative in blockchain technology and centres of excellence in medicine and online/distance learning. UNIC has been ranked among the top 801-1000 universities in the world, according to the latest edition of the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2021.
The University of Nicosia seeks talented, ambitious, passionate and results focused individuals for the position of Junior Software Developer, to assist the Senior Software Developer in in-house software development, implementation and support applications, as well as with other relevant matters.
- Writes well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices under supervision of the Senior Software Developers
- Assists in maintaining, expanding, and scaling existing in-house built applications, including WEB apps
- Collects usage data of each in-hose built application according to the Senior Software Developer requests
- Assists the Senior Software Developer in functionality testing and code debugging at staging environment
- Assists the Senior Software Developer in developing and maintaining software documentation
- Keeps up with existing technologies and trends. Makes timely suggestions to the Senior Software Developer
- Provides technical support for in-house built applications
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, Math or other relevant areas
- No previous experience is required, however experience of working as a member of Software Development team is an advantage
- Good Knowledge of PHP, CSS, NodeJS, JS and HTML
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in teams
- Time management skills to manage multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, and students
- Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Information and Application
For a formal application, please submit your CV accompanied by a cover letter through our online recruitment system http://vacancies.unic.ac.cy/. up to the 31st of August, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org